Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How does God get through to narrow minded people?

Tonight in psychology, I was a reading a book called Radical by David Platt(very good read), while we had a break. The girl sitting next to me asked what I was reading, I showed here the book and explained that it was a christian book. Almost as soon as I said the word Christian she shut down. She asked if I was a christian and when I said yes she attacked me like I had just killed her puppy or something? She said "how can you believe in a God that sends people to hell? What kind of all loving and merciful God would do that?" When I tried to explain the how and why of God she wouldn't listen. Not only would she not listen but she would not let me speak. She just continued to mock God and tell me how stupid I was for believing in him. She asked difficult questions like "where was God when my dad was lying on his death bed, taking his final breaths?" However when I tried to answer them, she wouldn't let me talk. I wondered "God, how am I supposed to lead her to you if she wont even listen to me?" At the end of class I gave her my email address and told her to email me with any questions she might have. She didn't throw it away, so I hope she does email me. I believe that moments like this just don't happen but that they are ordained by God. I know I planted a seed tonight and I don't know how this all works towards Gods plan for her life. But I know that I have to trust him and just do what he says and he will make my path straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment